Experienced team leader at Google. Stanford graduate. Progressive activist with 3 years campaign experience.
Campaign strategist. Digital communicator. Data wrangler. Team cultivator. Gets things done.
CAMPAIGN CONSULTANT, 2017 - Present
Provide Field, Communications, and Digital Strategy services for 20+ Local & State Campaigns in the Bay Area, Central Valley, and Southern California.
FIELD STRATEGY, 2018 Primary & General
- Own the field strategy, including sourcing, purchasing, organizing, tagging, analyzing, and acting on voter data.
- Prioritize precincts for walking and cut turf.
- Identify and prioritize voter constituencies for ad buys and direct mail.
- Create, target, and analyze emails, online ads, and social media posts.
- Managed interns and volunteers.
COMMUNICATIONS & DIGITAL STRATEGY
- Design print and digital ads, mailers, and lawn signs, including messaging. Run extensive email fundraising.
- Maintain the brand strategy, creating flyers, printed collateral, and email campaigns that correspond with and amplify the brand message.
- Highlight: Created the iconic Kimberly Ellis “Persist” logo mashup [link].
PEOPLE MANAGER & TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER, 2006 - 2017
Google (including Nest // Doubleclick // Google Analytics // Identity // Corporate IT)
- Led cross-functional teams over 10+ years at Google. Attended regular manager education, including diversity awareness and harassment trainings. Advocated for women and POC in tech.
- Successfully delivered numerous multi-million dollar launches as a Technical Program Manager and Design Producer, including leading the Nest.com online marketing site, store, and emails (scale: 100MM+ pageviews, 10MM+ emails, 1MM+ email subscribers).
CIVIL SERVICE & POLITICAL ACTIVISM
- Appointed Palo Alto Planning and Transportation Commissioner in 2018.
- Elected to CADEM Progressive Caucus board as Comms Officer in 2017-2019.
- Delegate to the California Democratic Party: Elected in 2017. Appointed in 2019.
- Elected pledged delegate for Bernie Sanders, CA CD18 Alternate in 2016.
EMERGE CALIFORNIA, Program Graduate, 2018
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, Master of Liberal Arts (Palo Alto, 2017), Thesis: The Deep Roots of the Wood Maiden: The Evolution of German Folklore’s Holzfräulein.
UNIVERSITY OF REGENSBURG, studied languages (Germany, 2003-2005)
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Science in Classical Studies and Computer Science (Nashville, 1997), magna cum laude
Leadership & Vision
- Campaign management
- Program management
- Product management
- Field strategy
- Digital strategy
- Data analysis
- Turf cutting
- Copywriting & messaging
- Communications planning
- Email fundraising
- Contact list management
Applications & Tools
California SoS raw data / PDI / ActionNetwork / NationBuilder
Google SEO / Analytics / Facebook / Instagram / MailChimp / VoterCircle / Newspaper buys
Adobe Illustrator / Lightroom / Photoshop / InDesign / Canva
Love to spend time at home with my husband, two elementary-aged children, and three shelter cats. The cats are really into camouflage, as demonstrated above.
I enjoy writing fiction and workshopping it with colleagues. I also love to read science fiction, mysteries, and non-fiction guides to politics, economics, and leadership. I love handwriting and calligraphy. One of my friends wrote a book about cursive and invited me to contribute a page about bullet journals (shown above).
I have traveled to over 20 countries on 4 continents, so far! I look forward to vacations where I can encounter new cultures and challenge my understanding of the world.